Hi Friends Today I will teach you how to convert your memory card from 1GB to 2GB using an application (Skymedi)
Memory cards are used in many electronic items, like computers, digital camera, mobile phones, and mp3 players itsaves your very important bank or official data in it . Everyone uses memory cards to store data, but what if you bought a card some days ago and now you feel that this is not enough to fulfill your needs. We have a solution for you; you can convert your 1GB memory card into 2GB with the help of free software.
You just have to follow the given instructions to upgrade your card. After completing the procedure, you will be amazed to see that your 1GB card is storing data according to 2GB memory. Before following the instructions, make sure that you have a 1GB memory card because the application works only on 1GB cards.
1. Insert the memory card to your PC.
2. Keep a back up of all the data from the memory card, because first you have to format the card.
4. After installation, the application will launch automatically showing a windows with options “Fix” and “Cancel”. From the drop down menu, you have to browse the memory card.
5. Once you select the location of the card, click on “Fix”, it will ask you for the confirmation, you have to click on “Yes”. After selecting the memory card, the application will show you a size of around 955MB; this is because you have inserted a 1GB memory card.
6. After finishing the process, the application will ask you to unplug the memory card. Remove it and insert it again. Now the storage capacity of the memory card is increased to 2GB.
7. If you want to check the storage of the memory card you can click on My computer --> Memory card --> Select Properties. You will see that the size of the memory card is 2GB. If you are using Windows Vista7, you will see “Computer” instead of “My computer”. Open that right clicks on the memory card, select properties and you will be able to check the size of the memory card.
8. There is one more way to confirm the storage capacity. Reopen the Skymedi and select the location of the memory card. This time it will show 191MB, which is 2GB.
All Working Tricks launched in May 2011. All Working Tricks is blog on tricks, Internet Technology, and Computers. At All Working Tricks we share about the latest tips, trick, Tutorials, how to about the web and help our readers to stay up to date about all the tech news and web apps.